Monday, December 25, 2006

Open Letter From Eli Manning

from steve72:

I Wish Everyone Had Listened When I Said My Favorite Sport Was Squash

Do you see now, people? Have you finally f*cking figured it out?

I do not like football. I don't know how much clearer I can make that point. This sport blows. Everyone's running around and hitting each other... yikes. All I wanted when I was a kid was to hang out with my mom in the kitchen and make some zucchini bread. But nooooo, everyone's all like, "You're a Manning. You should play football!"

F*ck that. You should hear my dad in interviews. "We never pushed football on the boys..." Yeah right, old man. I just fell into this sh*t naturally. It had nothing to do with the family football games we played every afternoon for SEVENTEEN F*CKING YEARS, Dad. Or the film study sessions after dinner. No, that was for fun. Ass.

And Peyton! Guhhhhh, what a fucking d*ckwad. "Hey, Dad! I've memorized the playbook!" "Hey Dad, want to go look at your old game films?" "Hey Dad, I audibled to a slant-and-go pattern!" F*cking brownnoser. Hey Peyton, I just threw two picks and blew a game to Tennessee because I'm not as good as you! Isn't that exciting? F*ckface.

But those two aren't even the worst offenders in my family. No, I always get Cripple Boy pulling me aside and spouting off some sh*t like, "Cherish these games, Eli. You're lucky to be playing in them." Oh, yeah? I got crazed loons like Albert Haynesworth trying to chase me down and stomp on my f*cking nuts. Does that sound like fun to you, Cooper? You get to sell real estate and ride Jet Skis on weekends. Meanwhile, I got Coach Stalin chewing me out and the New York tabloids writing punny headlines telling everyone what a dipsh*t I am. Oh yeah, bro. I'll cherish these moments. They're f*cking sterling.

God dammit, do I look like I enjoy playing this game? Have you ever seen me smile? Have you even ever seen my expression change? No. I always look like someone just asked me to solve a trigonometry formula. I only play this game because everyone expected me to. I don't like hanging out in the locker room. I don't like slapping asses after a win. I don't like any of that sh*t.


Give me squash. There's a sport. You got two guys in a box swatting at a dead superball. Now THAT I can get on board with. No coaches. No annoying family members telling you about how "great the game is". None of that crap. Just you, some other sweaty guy, and lots of grunting. Bliss.

I got a bigass signing bonus, you know. I could play that sh*t all day. All I have to do is prove to everyone that I'm not good enough to play this bullsh*t football. Critics say I'm inaccurate. Wanna bet? I'm the most accurate f*cking passer in the world, people. Those aren't interceptions I'm throwing. They are F*CKING CRIES FOR HELP.

Don't you get it? I don't want to do this anymore. Let some other moron run sit back in the pocket, waiting to get jacked. If only I could just quit, like that dipsh*t Tiki. He says he's quitting and the entire media slobs his knob for going out "before he does permanent damage to his body". Whore. If I quit tomorrow, everyone would call me a gutless p*ssy. What a bunch of bullsh*t. Eat sh*t, Tiki. Eat my sh*t.

I'm gonna get out of this game. And if it means throwing another 20 dead-on picks and costing the Giants the playoffs, then f*ck it. I'm doing it. You can't stop me. Nothing will keep Eli from that squash court.

nice, steve. the best part for me is that trading philip rivers, shawne merriman, and nate kaeding for eli the overrated is going to haunt the giants for years. i was happy when the giants drafted eli, and i'm glad my faith in his ability to fail is being rewarded.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely hysterical:

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/footballoutsiders/2006/12/19/All_Garcia_Does_is_Win_All_Tanier_Does_is_Rant

8:57 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Scrapplelog. More good stuff from FO's blog dated 12/28:

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/footballoutsiders

1:04 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome post.

3:05 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can anyone tell me why Mike Vick is a starting quarterback in the NFL?

8:14 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's not. He's a running back. I thought the Eagles' 2s did a grea job on him last night.

Bring on Sir Tiki and his $10 million ABC contract!

10:21 AM EST  
Blogger Big Dog said...

Gotta be honest, this has been probably the most exciting run that I can remember....when Don went down in 2000 they won, but all of a sudden like a phoenix rising from the ashes, the Eagles look damn good. I am almost at a loss for words....this team has been improving almost every week and yesterday had token loss pinned all over it...but they frigging won....I hated playing the 2s at first, but they played pretty damn good....Andrews, Jackson and Herremans did play with the 2s...plus some first teamers did play a lot of D, but nevertheless they played great....does anyone think Ryan Moats can play? he just looks awful. This season has turned from disaster into miracle run and I give all the props to Big Red and his coaches. Plus Dawk and Trot.....what a run!!!!!

10:37 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home