Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Tuesday Links

- hilarious

- trotter tried to mediate with limited success. "Trotter said he sat down with Owens on Saturday morning and told him: 'Around here, we've always done things the right way. I said, 'One of the reasons we've been so successful here is that whenever we've been through rough times, it drew us close together. We didn't point fingers. We didn't call anybody out.' 'I just think he gets trapped in these media interviews, and he's such an honest guy. He just feels like he has to say what he feels. But sometimes you can't do that.' Owens regretted comments he made in a recent interview during which he criticized McNabb, Trotter said. 'When he did the interview, he was trying his best to dance around the question and finally he just gave up. That's not T.O. to dance around a question,' Trotter said. 'He told me, 'Man, it's my fault. I brought this on myself. I didn't mean to put it out there like that, but the question kind of got asked and before I knew it, I was telling him how I really feel.' That's why I really hate to see this happen because I know he didn't intentionally try to hurt anybody."

- rich hoffman says big red underestimated TO's disruptive superpowers.

- no fans at TO's mansion today. "James McDevitt, a Domino's Pizza deliveryman, probably feels the same way. The diehard Eagles fan delivered what he said was about $20 worth of pizza to Owens' house last night. McDevitt left the $5 tip on the porch. 'He needs it to feed his family,' said McDevitt, poking fun at the reason Owens cited for demanding a new contract this summer."

- bill conlin asks phillies fans to give gillick a chance

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home