Friday, December 16, 2005

Friday Links

- JJ doesn't come out and say it, but basically he's admitting that the eagles d won't get better without some personnel upgrades. it all starts with the lack of pass rush.

- my only question is, why has it taken this long for a teammate to come out in defense of donovan?
The veteran defensive tackle said that the entire saga might be starting to wear on the quarterback, who recently hinted that he may have lost the faith of some teammates.

"I don’t know why he would say (he may have lost the locker room)," said Walker. "Maybe all the attention has started to take a bit of a toll on him. I have told him in person and through the media that he has my support. Publicly, people should know that No. 97 supports No. 5."

Walker also believes that he was speaking for the rest of his teammates.

"I think so," he said, whether his opinion mirrored his teammates. "Anybody that doesn’t (support McNabb) needs to look at themselves. Donovan has does nothing to cause anybody to dislike him. He has done nothing but been a leader and an outstanding member of this team."

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The entire core team of the Flyers are injured. I was at the game last night. I have to say that while I don't like Therian, I was really upset at people screaming at him telling him that he sucked. We were in the 9th row, and it was obvious that he heard them. It's disheartening, and I think it takes away from a team that is already challenged. Not to mention the idiot next to me who obviously didn't know the rules kept yelling at the refs. Sigh...I guess that's what you get when you get a lot of people who aren't your old school hockey fans......

Joe

12:09 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Walker isn't the first to come out. Brown among others have come out as supportive as well in the past.

And what is it with Philly's ability to consistantly put together great teams on paper (Eagles, Flyers, and Phillies multiple times within the past 10 years) entering the season only for them all to unravel at some point over the course of the year? It's happened enough times that I'm wondering if the city's freakin cursed only we don't have a goat or bad trade to point to. Does anyone know what the heck happened in 1984/5 to obliterage our collective karma?

12:18 PM EST  
Blogger Steve72 said...

Liberty Place was put up.

The towers are taller than Ben Franklin. The city hasn't been the same since.

12:28 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Time to go Fight Club on the city then. Who's with me?

12:30 PM EST  
Blogger The Mean Guy said...

Does anyone know what the heck happened in 1984/5 to obliterage our collective karma?

two words. angelo. cataldi.

1984 was when angelo started writing for the inquirer.

1:11 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that makes much more sense.

2:54 PM EST  
Blogger Steve72 said...

Al is correct. I'm a dumbass.

And I'm certainly up for going Fight Club on Angelo.

3:09 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home